Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Song of the Heart - Dec. 22

Music can touch my heart like no other thing. It speaks to my soul. Often, music is used to announce momentous events - choruses of angles sang praises to God at the birth of His son. Some of the best music ever composed was written the century prior to the restoration of the gospel. Many of those composers have testified of divine inspiration and guidance in their compositions. For me, music and Christmas are intertwined. I have Christmas music playing in my car, at home, at school. We attend concerts and sing carols at church. Some of the messages make me cry, some make me shout for joy and all touch my heart.

I read today:
D&C 25:12
12 For my soul adelighteth in the bsong of the cheart; yea, the dsong of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

Psalm 95:1
1 O come, let us asing unto the Lord: let us make a bjoyful noise to the crock of our salvation.

Alma 5:26
26 And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a achange of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the bsong of redeeming love, I would ask, ccan ye feel so now?


Activities ideas for today-
*play Christmas music all day long
*Sing as a family - either go caroling or in your own home. Play name that carol.
*Read the history to Handel's Messiah & play the music through out the day.
*Give away a CD of your favorite Christmas music.

Not the best video, but the music is Christmas.


And just to share my silly side - I laugh every year I watch this.


Red Envelope today - I spent today playing with my nieces and nephews. I have chased and tickled. I have listened to wonderful readings. Today, we all made fudge, snowflake crystals and cinnamon ornaments. So much fun. I just might uproot my sister Tracy's spot as the favorite aunt this week. ;)

Merry Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...