Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Light of Christ



Christmas is filled with light - the houses, trees, and streets. It even feels like the stars are a bit brighter this month. Tonight we talked about the source of light - Christ. We read Doctrine & Covenants 88:6-13 and talked about the Light of Christ - what it is, how we have felt it, tender experiences .

Normally, tonight is the night we do one or more of the following:
- Tour the lights
-Put our outdoor house lights up
-Star gaze with a cup of hot cocoa

Tonight however, we did something a bit different. Ryan had the opportunity to attend the temple with the youth. I had a few things to do, so I did not attend but I did arrived early to pick him up. I had a few moments to sit in the car and reflect staring at the beautiful temple and the light & spirit it radiates. I am so grateful to live near a temple. Above the door it says, Holiness to the Lord~ House of the Lord. It is such a beautiful building and it exudes light. I thought about the Light the Lord has given me over the years. I know the Lord knows my name.

(Timothy Rollins 2008)

We kept it simple and it was good. We were going to sing, The Lord is My Light, but it was late and we were tired. Maybe next year.

(Dan Murphy 2004)

1 comment:

The Lantern-Sharing Light and Searching for Truth said...

Thanks for helping build the Christmas Spirit in the lives of your readers!
Grandpa

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...