Friday, December 25, 2009

Joy ~ Dec. 25

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6




The Savior proclaimed, "This is my work and my glory, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1: 39) Spend this day honoring his life by fostering peace and love with your family. Worry less about the Christmas feast and instead feast on the joy of giving, laughter, & love. Work & play together. Enjoy each other and say, "I love you" often.

My favorite gift on Christmas day has been the years we exchange Love Letters. It started with me writing a letter to each family member for them to open on Christmas. Last year, Ryan wrote one to me. I try to be very specific and share special moments from the year in my letter. I want my loved ones to know how much they mean to me and how truly special they are. I have been working on Ryan's letter this week. I love taking a few minutes to reflect on the blessing of being his mother.

Today was so much fun. The kids were told that they couldn't get up until 7:00p.m. They woke me up first at 7:01. :) They were so fun to watch. They were so excited and grateful for every little thing they got. They helped each other and were so happy for each other. They would give each other a hug and a kiss after they opened up a sibling's gift.

D&C 128: 23
Let the amountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid brocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the cmorning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, anddimmortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!

2 Nephi 2:25
And men care, that they might have djoy.

The song for today - Joy to the World

Merry Christmas all!

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...