Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Second Coming - Dec. 30

Jesus came to Bethlehem a humble babe, born in poverty. But He was promised to return to the the earth in majesty. Then heaven and earth will be reconciled, and the King of Kings and Lord of Lords will reign.



Today we read:
Acts 11:1
 11 Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into aheaven? this same Jesus, which is btaken up from you into heaven, shall so ccome in like dmanner as ye have seen him go into heaven.


Matthew 24: 27, 29-31, 36 - 42, 45-47
  27 For as the alightning cometh out of the beast, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.


29 ¶ Immediately after the tribulation of those adays shall the bsun be cdarkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

  30 And then shall appear the asign of the Son of man in bheaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth cmourn, and they shall see the dSon of man coming in the clouds of heaven with epower and great fglory.

  31 And he shall send his aangels with a great sound of a btrumpet, and they shall gather together his celect from the four winds, from one end of dheaven to the other.
36 ¶ But of that aday and bhour knoweth no man, no, not the cangels of heaven, but my Father only.

  37 But as the days of aNoe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

  38 For as in the days that were before the aflood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

  39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
42 ¶ aWatch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
4 Therefore be ye also aready: for in such an bhour cas ye think not the Son of man cometh.

  45 Who then is a afaithful and bwise cservant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

  46 Blessed is that aservant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

  47 Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
(emphasis is mine)

Alma 34:32-33
32 For behold, this alife is the time for men to bprepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of cthis life is the day for men to perform their dlabors.
  33 And now, as I said unto you before, as ye have had so many awitnesses, therefore, I beseech of you that ye do not bprocrastinate the day of your crepentance until the end; for after this day of life, which is given us to prepare for eternity, behold, if we do not improve our time while in this life, then cometh the dnight of edarkness wherein there can be no labor performed.

In the past, we have had had discussions about what that day will be like. What will we be doing? Will we have said our prayers that day? Argued? Read our scriptures? Slept in? Exercised? Eaten breakfast?  Today, I asked Ryan the question "What if He was coming tomorrow - What would you do today?" I loved his answer - "I'd clean up my suit. I get my scriptures ready and I would say my prayers." We talked about how to make those things (and others) a habit - part of our diligent doing, not something that  we procrastinate.

I have sang today's song since I was a tiny girl. I love the message. "I Wonder When He Comes Again"

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...