Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No School Again Tomorrow

That will be 3 snow (well, actually ice) days in a row. And guess what? I have done absolutely nothing! I have played on the computer. I have talked on the phone. I stayed up late and taken naps. I watched Our Mutual Friend (4 hrs. - Dickens sure knows how to weave a complicated tale!), The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, and Northanger Abbey. Yesterday, I didn't even take a shower which is very risky when you are going through an ice storm and you might loose power which means no hot water.

I am estatic to have another day. I have been lazy long enough and I am ready to get busy. I have lessons to plan, dishes to wash, clothes to fold, papers and papers and papers to grade.

I have a new favorite quote that comes from "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" - "Second marriage - The triumph of hope over experience." I love that!

4 comments:

shara said...

I LOVE the quote! I so very much agree... well, from my limited experience.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you took it easy and had a good time! Don't work to hard tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I think a day off doesn't count unless you sit around and do nothing. Don't work too hard today.

Judi said...

How fun to have some unexpected time off. I love lazy days - it always brings back the desire to get back to work too because you can only be lazy for so long . . .

We've been enjoying snow here. . . 7 inches . . . it is pretty.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...