Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bread

My sister called me yesterday and asked for a good bread recipe. I thought I would take a few posts and share some great recipes. This is my all-time favorite whole wheat bread recipe from my good friend Judi. (She sent me another one but I haven't had time to try it yet.) What I love about this recipe: It is mostly whole wheat & yet is tastes so light and yummy. It is made with honey for the sweetener - very healthy & food storage friendly. And you mix everything in the same bowl - there is no second bowl for the yeast, etc.

Honey-Whole Wheat Bread
6 c. Whole Wheat Flour (additional flour below)
1 c. Wheat Bran
1/2 c. Canola Oil
1/2 c. Honey (see tip below)
6 tsp. Yeast
2 Tbsp. Salt
4 1/2 c. Warm Water

Beat together with mixer. Add 1 more cup Whole Wheat Flour & 1-2 c. White Flour. Knead 5 mins. or until elastic. Rise in a warm oven. Separate into 4 loaf pans and rise again. Bake at 375 until done (maybe an hour?)

Tip: measure your honey into the same cup that you measured your oil and your honey will just slip out of the measuring cup. No sticky mess.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...