Friday, February 6, 2009

Teacher Tales

I shared this story with my friend Alisa and she had me tell it at a scrapbook crop tonight which reminded me that I needed to record it for future giggles. Mrs. B is our 3rd grade team lead teacher and she has been teaching for 30+ years. Last month she came into the lunch room and calmly shared this embarrassing moment that had just happened.

Mrs. B's class was putting on a reader's theatre. During the "dress rehearsal" she noticed that one of the costumes, a white apron, had a spot on it. She decided to take it home and wash it. The next day she grabbed it from the dryer, shoved it in her purse and headed to school. When it was time for the play, the girl needing the costume came up to her asking for it. Mrs. B took it out of her purse and shook it out for the girl to tie it on. As she shook it out, one of her "granny" underwear shook out into the air and landed on the floor between them. They both just looked down in shock, for a full minute or more, neither sure what to do. Finally, in slow motion it seemed, Mrs. B reached down, wadded the offending article of clothing into a ball and shoved it into her purse. The little girl, permanantly traumatized, looked at Mrs. B and said, "Mrs. B, I am so sorry that I had to see that", turned and walked away.

I love it! I have so many things in my life that now have a punch line - "I am so sorry I had to see that!"

3 comments:

Sandi said...

I love it! I plan to share this with my fellow teachers at school on Monday.
Sandi

Sara said...

That is too funny!!!

shara said...

I laughed again when I read this! How funny!!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...