Friday, February 27, 2009

The Lord of the Dance

A few weeks ago, my friend Cheri called me up & asked what I was doing on the 24th. "Uh, I have no idea. That is weeks away. Probably nothing." I replied.

"Great. As a late birthday/Christmas gift, we want to take you on a Girl's Night Out to see the Lord of the Dance."

I almost dropped the phone. No way! I love Irish Dancing. One of my secret dreams (well, not secret anymore) is to learn Irish Dancing &/or Clogging. I love the beat, the speed, how my heart thumps to the beat & I feel so alive. Did I say I love it?!

I realized a few days before said recital that I did have a commitment. Parent Teacher Conferences. Aaaaagggghhh. I was sweating bullets, but all my parents showed up on time & I was able to leave on time. I felt like a teenager running out to their car waiting in the parking lot full of girls headed out for a night on the town.

It was seriously SO MUCH FUN. The show was amazing. They performed 3 encores because we just kept clapping. My hands were stinging by the end of the evening. It is amazing how fast they can tap and yet their upper body doesn't move. Michael Flatley is in the Guinness Book of World Records for tapping 35 taps per SECOND. My brain can't even comprehend that.

Anyway, it was so much fun. Thank you so much Cheri. I had a great time and appreciate you so much. I would highly recommend anyone see the show. Amazing.

2 comments:

Judi said...

We went to see them when we lived in Iowa City. It was and still is the best show I've ever seen. I'm so glad you got to go! What sweet friends you have.

Sandi said...

That is so cool! We have a couple of his videos and have watched them many times.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...