Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Return & Report

Only a few days late. I did loose my one pound last week! Minding my portions definitely needs more work. I am so busy during the day that I don't eat much but then by evening I am starving. This week I have been doing a few things to even out my eating so that my portions can be consistent.

I was re-reading what I wrote for my Small Steps last week and noticed a mis-spelling. I meant to write that I would work on my prayers - quantity and quality. Instead I wrote - quality and quality. Guess what I had already decided to focus on this next week? I love it when that happens. It feels like a confirmation that I am on the right track. Anyway, I want to improve my efforts in my prayers. I have been praying my whole life and I think that at times I am too casual with the Lord. The other day I was thinking about it and thought - "This is Heavenly Father I am talking too. Heavenly Father!" I definitely want to have a real relationship with Him, but I also want to be more respectful of Him, honor Him, and grateful for Him. Henry B. Eyring said of the last days "...Casual prayer won't be enough." So, for the next few weeks my focus is to be less casual in my prayers.

I am not adding to my Small Steps this week, just tweeking the ones I have already.

1 comment:

shara said...

I almost didn't see this post. Glad I did!
It was great seeing you today! And thanks for helping Missy out tonight!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...