Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Last night I said goodbye to 2008 and welcomed in 2009. I threw on some clean clothes & make-up and went to Alisa's house where a group of friends gathered. We had egg rolls (homemade!) and shrimp and sandwiches and "every good thing." We had amazing conversation, met new people, laughed and laughed and laughed. The kids played, the husbands raced cars on the playstation, we all put a puzzle together of Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribean. At midnight we toasted each other with sparkling cider and ate grapes off a skewer (12 - one for each month in the coming year) for good luck. I came home and wrote in my 2008 journal for the last time. I had a wonderful time and I am so glad that I went. After all that has happened this year, all the changes, I am so glad that I could welcome the new year in with the constancy of wonderful friends.

I am so grateful that 2009 is here. A week or so ago, as I was anticipating the new year, it hit me that my problems were not going to go away with the strike of the clock. And you know what, when I woke up this morning, those problems & hurts are still here. But still my heart rejoices today. Today, feels fresh & clean, open to possibilities. My whole life is before me, waiting for me to write the next chapters. This time on earth is the most amazing gift - I love that I have another year to experience.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to my amazing friend!

The Mrs. said...

I love your new hair do! Happy New year!

Meghan said...

You look amazing!! When did you cut your hair? I am excited to hear of all your journeys through 2009.

Judi said...

Happy New Year! I'm glad you had a fun evening. I love your photo - you look beautiful Julie! It made me feel good inside to see you smiling. I hope you can smile a lot in 2009!

Love you.

Alisa said...

So glad that you had a good night! It was fun-

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...