Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Have you noticed a pattern?

I post when I have a day off!

An ice storm came in today and brought back a lot of memories of the ice storm last year, a time which I hope never to repeat. My first student left at 10:30 and after 1:00 it was pointless to try to get anything done. The office had so many parents picking up their kids that they came on the loud speaker every couple of minutes calling for more kids. My kids started laughing when I was interrupted 4 times in one page of read aloud. I left the school at 4:00 and we spent 30 mins. chipping away at the 1/4" of ice covering the car. School was canceled for tomorrow before I even left, hence the post tonight. I can sleep in tomorrow!

I hope that you are all safe, warm & have power.

3 comments:

shara said...

The ice just woke me up. It was coming down so hard/;oud on the balcony.

Still have electricity, though!

Hope you are sleeping by now.

The Mrs. said...

No snow days for us here at all this year. I hope you all stay warm and safe!

Meghan said...

Yeah for a day off. I know you probably have a lot you want to do around the house, but if you want to call me, I would love the diversion. And I won't even mention that as I typed this at 8:36 am it is 72 degrees.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...