Sunday, December 13, 2009

Miracle - Dec. 13

Most know Christ to be a man of miracles. Through out his life and ministry, Christ performed miracles to provide for others and heal the afflicted, but some miracles were to teach us of his power and divinity.

Tonight we read through the chronology of the miracles performed. We read the one with the coin in the fish's mouth. We talked about the miracle of our bodies - that they work & the gift that they are. We talked about our earth and the miracle it is - the miraculous balance between eco-systems and the beautiful diversity. I asked the question - if you could be a witness to one miracle which would it be? 12 yr. old boy responded that it would be so cool to see the servant's ear cut off and then Christ heal it. (roll eyes) I would love to watch the creation. Then again, I would love to see the healings - all of them. The pure joy and overwhelming gratitude that they must have felt. I get teary just thinking about it.

The talks today in church spoke of the miracle of service- how it blesses the receiver and the giver and the ripples of service perpetually continue. We also talked of the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ - another miracle.

I started a list of miracles in my life. I consider my life to be pretty average and like most, at first I didn't think I had witnessed very many earth shattering miracles. Kindness & blessings, yes, but real miracles? A few, but not many. Then I started the list. I found that the more I looked for miracles, the more I found. I felt like I did when I got glasses for the first time - suddenly everything was clear and bright and in color. There were details that I had overlooked that were amazing to me. I could see the hand of the Lord and it is real.

The song for tonight is "How Great Thou Art" but because of copyright, I can't link it. Instead we watched this video:



I challenge each of you to make a miracles list. It will surprise you what the Lord has done...

(just a keeping it real note - it was a miracle that we finished devotional tonight. Ryan was being a little pill. Heeellllooo - trying to have a spiritual moment here! Ya gotta love Family Nights and Devotionals that include high blood pressure.)

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...