Saturday, December 12, 2009

Grief - Dec. 12

We don't like to think about illness or death at Christmas time, but these shadows can fall on any season. Jesus taught us an unforgettable lesson in empathy when he shared the grief of his friends after the death of Lazarus.

This morning we read John 11: 33-36, 41, & 43
33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled,
34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35 Jesus wept.
36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he aloved him!
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I athank thee that thou hast heard me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, aLazarus, come forth.

Ryan's math teacher & sports coach fell from his roof & passed away last month. Today, we spent a few minutes talking about Mr. Griffis & his family.

I called my Grandma the other day and we visited for a few minutes. She is still not doing well and I can hear a change in her voice. I have been thinking about what it will be like when she does go to the other side. A lot of mixed emotions. She has lived a thousand lives worth of experiences and has many dear ones waiting for her - she has buried 3 husbands and 2 children. I will be so glad for her and for them. At the same time, she has been my emotional rock since my Mom died. She has always been there. Like I said, many mixed emotions. I am very grateful that the little babe born so long ago made it possible for us to be together forever. For the resurrection. For the hope.

Our hymn today was "Abide with Me"

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...