Monday, February 7, 2011

Love

Today is my parents 42 wedding anniversary. I love that my dad remembered even though he is remarried. I love that my step-mom feels comfortable with him remembering.

My parents had a true whirlwind love story. They were married 80 days after they met and a few days before he shipped out with the navy. I love their faith and commitment to each other. I love that my mom followed my dad in the navy and supported the decision to leave their dream farm for a better career. I love that my dad supported my mom through years of illness and premature death. To my knowledge, neither ever waivered. I love my parents. I love their marriage. I love their example. I love their testimonies. I love the family they created.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...