Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Well That Turned Out To Be A Win-Win!

Lately I have been so tired at night that I have left the dishes at night until the next day. I thought about it and came up with a solution that would help me. First of all, I don't like doing dishes by myself, but my kitchen is too small for someone to dry and put away while I am washing. Also, growing up, my dad would read aloud to us while we kids did the dishes and I LOVED it. Thinking of this, I told Ryan my new plan. After dinner I wanted him to sit on the washer and read aloud to me while I did the dishes. He needs to read more and I need the dishes done, win-win. Well, I came home yesterday with Pizza for dinner (more on that in the next post) and all of the dishes were done. Ryan had done them all so that he wouldn't have to read to me. Yes, I will have to be more creative about how to get him to read more, but voluntarily doing the dishes?! And I don't have to do them?! Win-Win!

1 comment:

Judi said...

Love it! :) At first I thought you were going to say you read while he did the dishes!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...