Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Reality Bites

I thought I would check in. On my first week on weight watchers, I lost 6.6 lbs. This week, I maintained. I am not discouraged, but my reality has been a bit hard. It has been enlightening and a bit daunting to see how far away from healthy I had become.

Tracting is a bugger. Looking up the points value for everything. single. ingredient. My sister and I talked last night and I am going to spend some time tonight with a sharpie and label everything I can think of in my house. Tracking has been enlightening. Things that I have thought weren't that bad really are that bad! And I can easily eat 5 fruits in a day, veggies? yeah, not so much.

Water - I thought I drank enough. Nope. Not even close. I have struggled getting all of the water I needed and I kept loosing track of how many I had drank. And I really do not have time to be in the bathroom every 5 mins. Again, my sister came to my rescue and suggested that I get 32oz. water bottles. I did that yesterday and actually got all my water for the day down for the first time in two weeks.

I have been surprised at the number of changes I am needing to make. I am a bit overwhelmed by the goals I need to be working on. Going to bed by 10 so I can be up to exercise by 5. 64 oz of water. Veggies daily. Stop eating by 8p.m. Tracking. Exercise. Vitamins. Chocolate is not a food group. Or a meal.

I am not giving up. I have just been a bit frustrated with myself that I choose to get this far off the path. It has made me think a lot about repentance and change and the truly hard work to change ourselves. Change is so hard for me. The spirit is willing but the flesh is ohhh so weak.

2 comments:

Judi said...

I feel your pain Julie! Being consistent is so very hard! But you are off to a great start!

I have found getting to bed early to be very important. I get up at 5 a.m. too so I can go running.

I think I told you already, but I make a big pot of some sort of filling soup each Monday so that I have a filling lunch each day.

Hang in there!

Cinderill said...

If ever you are struggling, I have found sleep is WAY more important for me than exercise. Weeks I sacrificed and got little sleep but lots of exercise time I lost LESS than the weeks that I just was well rested and ate right. For some reason my body cannot function without proper rest. Keep the Lord part of this process, he designed your body and he knows secrets we do not. You are wonderful and deserve the success you are seeking. Love you tons!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...