Monday, July 21, 2008

Who's on the Lord's Side, Who?

My sister started a blog and posted this beautiful slide show. I had seen it before but really appreciate seeing it again today. I love the hymn "Come, Thou Font of Every Blessing" - it is in my top 5 hymns.

This expresses so many of my feelings lately. Life is hard. Really, really, hard. I don't want to discount that but it is so beautiful too. So wonderful. So sweet. At times, it feels like darkness, evil and the world surrounds me but then I remember - I am on the Lord's side and I feel invincible. I know how the story will end and my heart floods with joy and gratitude and compassion and love and strength. One of my favorite scriptures is Joshua 24:15 "...choose you this day whom ye will serve...but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." I am on the Lord's side.

1 comment:

Teebee said...

I am glad you liked it Julie and congratulations on passing the exam. you are an awesome teacher. What a blessing it will be to have your work hours so inline with Ryan's schedule. At least the Lord has given you one of the best possible situations for what you both are going through. Love ya Take care,
Tracy

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...