Friday, July 18, 2008

I passed my elementary exams!

I have very mixed feelings. I am grateful that my money wasn't mis-spent. I am grateful that I can now accept the position that has been held for me. I am a touch sad as I really don't want to work away from home. It is silly, but I was thinking that if I didn't pass then maybe something would come along where I could stay at home. I also really don't want to teach 3rd grade. I would much prefer to work with the second grade team of teachers. This is just one of those blessings that takes a while to appreciate.

Anyway, thank you to all who have prayed for me. I do appreciate it. It is comforting to know I will have a job & insurance.

5 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Congratulations!! And sometimes the blessings that take awhile for you to appreciate are the best ones. I wish you the best of luck with your class of 3rd graders!

Meghan said...

Congratulations!! Even though it is a little bittersweet. Those kids are soooo lucky to have you as a teacher. There are kids out there that will have their lives changed by you!! Go get 'em.

Alisa said...

I agree with Meghan- You will touch children that need a mother. One who will be gentle and teach more than just what the curriculum says.
Hooray for you!

jarrleckie said...

Congrats, Julie. I knew you'd do well!! It will be a tough first year (I think the first always is!), but you are SO capable! Good luck!

Judi said...

Congratulations Julie! A bitter-sweet blessing. So when does school start?

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...