Monday, July 14, 2008

Angels Around Me

"Oh I believe there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.
They come to you and me in our darkest hours.
To show us how to live, to teach us how to give.
To guide us with a light of love."
Alabama/Diamond Rio

I have been so humbled by all the true friends in my life over the last few months. I don't know how I will ever be able to re-pay their kindness or even get thank you notes out to everyone. I struggle to find the right words to express the depth of my gratitude. All of you have been my angels, answering prayers that I have barely uttered. I risk forgetting someone, but as this blog is my family journal of sorts, I want to recognize the angels in my life & thank Heavenly Father for each one of you.

Bishop Baclawski- He was the first person I turned to. He has been a rock for the last few months, quietly checking up on me, meeting with me weekly, making sure my needs have been met, providing love & support.

My Dad- I am so blessed to have a wonderful dad. He has been another rock for me. He has called at least weekly to check on me and just give me an opportunity to pour out my heart. He gave me a father's blessing when I went home. It has meant the world to have him to lean on.

Dr. Mike- Ry's counselor has been a true angel. He has helped my boy get through this and I will be forever grateful.

As I sent out the email with our news that Sunday night, I was so apprehensive. How would people treat us? I should have known that I was surrounded with angels. The first call came in 15 mins. after I hit send. The last few months I have been truly protected and lifted by so many. Phone calls, cards, packages, and emails began arriving from out of state. Our names were put on many temples across the US. Locally, angels filled my gas tank, remodeled my new home, arrived with paint brushes and cleaning supplies, provided needs (a lawn mower, table & chairs) and wants (flowers & garden veggies), treats & gifts appeared on my doorstep, invitations to dinner were given out, text messages appeared out of the blue, jobs were offered, cars repaired. Friends drove Ry to practices & games, and surrounded him with love & support. Family pooled their money to pay for a vacation home. So many have offered a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and words of wisdom, all without asking questions that I couldn't answer.

I can never say thank you enough. Each of you truly have been an angel in our lives. I don't know how I could have made it through this without you. You have taught me so many lessons of love & charity. I love you all. Thank you.

1 comment:

Judi said...

You are loved Julie. I'm sending a hug your way right now. I only wish I could have been closer to help in your time of need. I'm so grateful you had so many people help you out during this difficult time.

We need to chat!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...