Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The House of the Lord


Yesterday I was able to go to the temple. My spiritual bucket was filled to overflowing. So many prayers, so many answers, so many thoughts. I stopped for a few moments in the sealing room and stared into the mirrors on the wall. I realized something. You can not see yourself for eternity in the mirrors. Always before I have stood in front of those mirrors with family and I could see us reflected to eternity. I was focusing on each of them and could see them forever. But yesterday, by myself, I could only see my own single reflection. It made me realize that our families are our eternity. They are our blessing. Isn't the gospel amazing? Afterward, I went out and sat in the shade by the fountain. It was so beautiful & peaceful.

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

What an amazing thought! Thank you so much for sharing it.

Meghan said...

Thanks for sharing. Thank you for the picture of the OKC temple. I grew up so close to the Salt Lake Temple. I walked through the grounds almost everyday for my entire college career, and I was married there, but there is a very very special place in my heart for the Oklahoma City Temple.

Judi said...

I will have to notice that the next time I go to the temple. I'm glad you were able to go. I sure wish we had a temple here in Indy.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...