Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Books That I Love (not a comprehensive list)

I love, love, love these books. Each has changed me, many I have read over and over. All of them live in my head where I pull them out, think and laugh and cry and imagine and visit awhile with them.

God’s Smuggler

The Hiding Place

Jesus The Christ

These is my Words

The Secret Garden

Jane Eyre

Pride and Prejudice

Sense and Sensibility

Little Britches

Across Five Aprils

To Kill a Mockingbird

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe

The Magician’s Nephew

The Goose Girl

Where the Red Fern Grows

Summer of the Monkeys

Ella Enchanted

The Pickwick Papers

Anne of Green Gables

The Law

The Diary of Anne Frank

Torn Thread

Little House on the Prairie

The Velveteen Rabbit

The Miracle of Jonathan Toomey

3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I've been looking for some new books to read. I'll have to borrow these and spend some time with them. Thanks for the ideas!

Judi said...

I just read Little Britches myself and then Ben read it to the kids. Good book!

Meghan said...

OOOh I look forward to reading some new books. Thanks for sharing.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...