Sunday, November 8, 2009

Book Review(s)

I discovered Orson Scott Card recently. I listen to Ender's Game on cd and really liked it. I am looking forward to reading the rest in the series. I also read his book Enchantment which is the tale of Sleeping Beauty. Lots of twists & magical elements. I have never read Sci Fi or Fantasy before so this was a branch out. I actually really liked them. Definitely not the genre for everyone, but he is a gifted writer and I look forward to reading more. He has a women of the old testament series that sounds good too....

Currently, Ry & I are listening to the Spiderwick Chronicles (he has read 2 or 3 of the books). I am reading "12 Again" which is really good so far, "The Single Life" by Kristin Oaks, and I am starting "Alas Babylon" soon. I have to be careful though. If the book is too good, life stops while I read. I don't clean, eat, sleep, return calls or run errands when I find a great book. I can't afford to be fired....

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I read Ender's Game recently for our book club and I have to say, I did not like it one bit. I would have put it down, but everyone was talking about the big twist at the end so I kept reading. The big twist ended up being a big let down. I seem to be in the minority though. I love to hear about what you are reading. Have a great week.

Alisa said...

I need to get lost in a good book. This week would be a great time to do it.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...