Sunday, June 7, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

For a few weeks I have been impressed to have a TV fast. I was very hesitant how this would go over with Ry but after multiple promptings and a few fervent prayers, I brought up the subject. He agreed to give it a try. We just finished one week without TV! Not only did we survive, we thrived! We decided to disconnect the rabbit ears antenna and live life in the fast lane permenantly.

So that I can remember later, this is what we accomplished this week:
*Read books!
*Inventoried most of the food storage
*Studied scriptures tons!
*Watched Facing the Giants & Forever Strong together
*Workout & walked the park multiple times
*Attended sports camps, baseball practices & games
*Cleaned out the kitchen & re-organized
*Had Family night
*Cooked real meals
*Listened to John Bytheway & tons of good music
*Attended a team party
*Worked at the Sno-cone shack
*Played board games
*Finished a few craft projects

I was very surprised how much I didn't miss it. I am not sure I could go without my computer that long, but it was really, really nice to not have tv.

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I so agree with you! When I broke our TV I actually enjoyed the time away! Our neighbors gave us a set after we moved to Colorado but I do not spend nearly as much time in front of it now.

Sandi said...

Sounds great! We've done that from time to time, sometimes as long as 1-2 years. Currently we have a TV, but we also have an odd plug fob. When the fob is removed, the TV is inoperable. It helps us to rememer not to turn it on during the week.

Meghan said...

Yes! I love productive weeks! Way to be an inspiration!

Alisa said...

Its good to take a break every now and then. Glad you and Ryan have had fun!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...