Sunday, May 3, 2009

Miscellaneous Bits of Sunshine & Rain

I haven't written for a while. I have been torn between being honest and being positive and result has been a silent stalemate. I am not sure that I have found an answer, but at least I am going to try to write again - here are some miscellaneous bits from the last few weeks.

*We lost our first three baseball games.

*During one game, I held a one month old sleeping babe the entire game. She was BEAUTIFUL. It was such a bittersweet ache to hold her. I cherished every selfish minute yet ached to know that she is without a home right now (she is in the system & will be adopted out.)

*We sat through 50 degree windy drizzle at Friday night's game but WE WON. Finally, we have arrived in the win bracket. It was quite cold, but I was prepared & had a great time visiting with friends.

*Ryan had his Choir concert this past month. He did a great job! He is on the top left. He got to be the curtain opener, had two speaking parts & played the recorder as well as sang all the songs. Tons of fun! (sorry about the photo - that is as zoom in as far as my little point & shoot can go.)

*It has rained for days here. Water is standing in most yards. I feel like I am back home in Oregon - gray skies, muddy tracks by the front door, always taking a rain coat. Yesterday was produce co-op day (another post on that) and so I made stew. STEW! It is supposed to be Spring! It was quite yummy & definitely fit the weather.

*Things are getting better at my job. The light at the end of the tunnel is SUNSHINE!!!!! I really like having a tidy house and I have had a hard time letting that go this last year. I was so excited the day I finally had my act together to get my bed made before school that I had to take a picture of it. It hasn't been made since, but I have seen the glimmer & I know I can do it. (and yes, those are bucket of food storage.)

*Ryan & I went to see his school's musical - "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown". It was fun, the kids did a fabulous job (especially our friend Savanna). It was so much fun to go together.
*I attended my second Single Adults Activity. This deserves its own post & I will let you decide if it is sunshine or rain.

*Ry & I spent last Saturday working at the temple. A group of us leveled the flower beds, remade the retaining walls & prepared the soil for the millions of flowers that should have been planted this week. I am excited to see them this afternoon.


* And last but not least, I found these on my door knob on May Day. THANK YOU! So much fun. I remember making May Day baskets in school and wondered why no one did them at my school. I am going to have my kids make them next year.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I can remember making may day baskets too, but my kids have never made them in school either.
All this rain is kind of getting to me- It takes a lot of work to look for the sun right now. Hang in there.

jarrleckie said...

Great post - feels positive!!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...