Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wii Fun and update

We celebrated Thanksgiving & Christmas yesterday. Ry will be with his dad on Thanksgiving so we attended the ward Thanksgiving dinner - very nice, lots of food, good people.

Ryan had saved all of his birthday money & we saved for the last two months for our Christmas present - a Wii. We bought it yesterday because I was afraid that we wouldn't be be able to find one closer to Christmas. It has been a ton of fun - even more than I thought it would which is saying a lot because I am very anti video games. The best part is that I am basically done for Christmas. We agreed that we will each exchange one homemade gift & stockings, so other than cards (which I haven't decided if I am doing or not), I am done. Ry was so funny - on the way home he said, "This is the best day of my life, but don't tell my future wife I said that!" :)

If my camera was working or if you were here, you would see that I finally got my haircut. I now have a slightly stacked bob with bangs. Very nice to do something different.

I was sustained today to be a Gospel Doctrine teacher. I cried when they asked me. Then I said yes and since then I am unabashedly in denial, trying not to think about it. I had this calling once before and it wasn't pretty the first time. I can handle almost any calling but this one. When will it be my season to be the door greeter? *sigh*

I guess my name is on the high councilmen's short list. I spoke in the Spanish branch last week and I am scheduled to speak in another ward in Jan. No rest for the wicked. :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week. Hug your family. Read your scriptures. Tell Heavenly Father how grateful you are. Life is good, even when it's bad. Savor every minute.

Love your guts!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations on the new Wii! I want you to know you own one before we do! This year is tight...maybe next christmas. By then you should know all the good games to get.

I KNOW you will be an awesome GD teacher! I am so happy for you Julie! As scary as that calling is (and trust me I understand how scary!) you will learn so much! The teachers always learn the most in any calling and maybe you will learn things to help in your life now.

You know we recently had a speaker get up to the podium and raise his hands in the hair and yell "REPENT!" at the top of his lungs. He said he always wanted to do that... Then in the middle of his talk he would tell one of his children to settle down. Or asked his daughter if she was listening. He also did a pretty good imitation of one of the Bishopric Counselors in his talk. Although it was HGHLY entertaining, I am pretty sure that was the last talk he will have to give for a long while.

shara said...

Julie-
Love you. Miss you. Would love to Wii w/ you. :-)

Judi said...

How fun to have a new haircut!

It sounds like you had a fun day together, you and Ryan.

And . . . your new calling - wow! You'll be great Julie. That will keep you studying your scriptures huh :).

Happy Thanksgiving my friend.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...