Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I just want to say what great friends I have!

I have been blessed with the most amazing friends. Heavenly Father truly has surrounded me with the best people.

I am so grateful for all of you that have cried with me. It has touched my heart and bound me to you as you have mourned with me. You will be with me forever.

I am so grateful for your thoughtfulness & kindness. You have remembered me, prayed for me, dropped of notes & gifts, shared your services, sent emails & cards. I know I haven't been good at getting back to some of you, or saying "thank you". It seems so hallow, such a trite phrase to try and express the ocean of feelings in my heart.

I am thankful for the listening ears & inspired counsel. I can't imagine how I would have found my way through this nightmare without your help.

I am thankful for the kept counsel. It has been a pleasant surprise to learn that rumor mills do not flourish everywhere. Sunday I gave a lesson in Relief Society and made mention of my trials this past summer without actually saying the word divorce. After the lesson, a sweet, very active sister in our ward came up and hugged me and said, "I don't know what your trials are but you are in my prayers." She was shocked to learn of the divorce. It has happened many times over. My heartbreak has not been discussed, dissected and judge my all who know me. I have been so impressed with you good people. I want to be more like you. You really are amazing.

I am thankful for the married men I know who: 1. are shining examples of the priesthood and have shared that blessing with us. 2. cherish their wives and it shows. They have given me so much hope for the future and helped clarify my goal. 3. for their words of encouragement & love. Our society places so many burdens on men and I am very grateful for their ways of helping me through this.

I want each of you to know that your kindness has been en graven on my heart and recorded in my book of life. Each thing has meant so much. Thank you so much. I love you all.

Love,
Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you know that Michael and I are here if you need us!

Judi said...

And you are a great friend too Julie! I am glad you have people around you to build you up and support you at this difficult time. I wish I wasn't so far away.

Love you.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...