Saturday, June 14, 2008

Brothers...

A few years ago Brother Babock shared his testimony & he talked about a trip to Temple Square & conference that he and Brother Thompson had taken together. Brother Thompson was new member to the church and had never been to Salt Lake City nor heard the prophet in person. As usual, parking was a challenge and Bro. Thompson had great difficulty moving even short distances. So Bro. Babcock carried him and he shared in his testimony, tears streaming down his cheeks, how it was a pleasure because he was his brother.

I get teary eyed when I think of the great love these two brothers have for each other. Every morning for the last few years they have both risen at 5:45 and read the scriptures together over the phone at 6:00 a.m. Brother Babcock has pushed Bro. Thompson's wheelchair in 5k races. Even with the added challenge of daily dialysis they took a cruise to South America together. Bro. Babcock became trained in dialysis and so that Bro. Thompson could attend church each Sunday. After sacrament they would go to the bathroom to complete the drain cycle and then return to Gospel Doctrine class and then attend priesthood. They have been such an example to me of Christ like love and devotion and living the gospel to it's very fullest.

This morning Bro. Thompson passed away. I am so grateful that I knew him. My heart aches a bit as I remember my friend & my brother.

2 comments:

Alisa said...

I felt a tinge of sadness when I heard, too. And then so happy for him.
So happy that he had the gospel in his life. So happy he had such a good friend to help him.

pamela said...

I needed to read this.

Thank you.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...