Saturday, August 14, 2010

MIA

I have been too busy living life to sit down and record life lately! I will finish sharing about our trip to Nauvoo and my trip to the beach soon. For now, here is the last few weeks of summer in review:

*walk at the lake - early morning and sunsets
*shopping - school clothes & errands
*yard work - I gathered a colander full of tomatoes today!
*lemonade stand
*swimming, swimming, and more swimming
*crafts (post coming soon)
*library, books, and books on CD (reviews coming soon)
*sand castles (recipe coming soon)
*Court of Honor (Ry is now a 1st Class Scout)
*movies
*sleeping in
*homecooked food
*phone calls to sisters
*late night talks with friends
*Ice Cream (post coming soon)

It has been a bit warm here lately. Don't you love how books stay with you forever? I keep remembering the description of the first week of August from "Tuck Everlasting" and the descriptions of the southern summer heat in "To Kill a Mockingbird"- I have felt like melted frosting a few times lately.  Love both books and if you don't know what I am talking about read these books! Both are excellent August books.

Take a few minutes to soak up the sun, enjoy the sunsets, and swim until you shrivel.
Love~
Julie

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...