Monday, July 26, 2010

Nine years ago today

View from Mom's grave

I said "Goodbye, I love you and I will see you when I get back" to my mom for the last time on earth. We were living with my parents at the time. Tim had taken the Oregon bar exam the day before and I was knee deep in Cub Scout Day camp. My dad happened to be home that Thurs. which was such a sweet blessing as he spent the day sitting next to my mom in the hospital as they both dozed holding hands while she got two blood transfusions. We all met up at the house about the same time and figured out the evening. She looked good - the blood transfusion had put some color in her cheeks. I hooked her up to the dialysis machine and said my quick good bye before rushing out the door to drop Ryan off with a sitter and have an anniversary dinner with Tim. A bit after dinner my cell rang. It was my dad. 

The next few days and weeks are to tender and sacred to write about, even now nine years later. Maybe next year. I miss her now more than I did then. I feel her closer now than I did then. I understand her more now than I did then. I love her more now than I did then. 

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
Forever and ever,
Your kiddo I'll be. 

I love you Mom. 
Julie

3 comments:

Cinderill said...

You made my eyes leak! I was doing so well today. I been thinking of her but just happy thoughts. I don't like to remember that day or the ones just after. Too bad we have longer than three days to wait... Sure love you! Wish we were all together today.

Judi said...

Tender thoughts Julie! I am sure your mom has been close by during your recent trials.

shara said...

Love you, Julie. I think of my mom. Thanks.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...