Friday, June 18, 2010

Update

Since Memorial Day ~

*I finished school - inventories, grading, reports, and packing up. I actually had some time to complete some projects for next year so I am hoping (praying) next year runs even more smoothly.

*I attended a week long seminar called the Responsive classroom and I am very excited to start it next year. It was kind of weird. I was confronted with a few situations that you normally encounter in high school or college - ones that I had managed to skip back then. I've always been a late bloomer but sheesh.

*I traveled to Arkansas with my dad and Ry to attend the Hachtel Family Reunion (my maiden name was Hachtel.) Some of the highlights - visiting, the food, the farm, bottle feeding the calf, swimming, the Cassatot river rapids, homemade ice cream (twice), s'mores, swinging on the porch with Ryan dreaming about the farm we would like to have one day, all of the fireflies, Heavener Rune Stone park, waiting out the massive thunderstorm & flooding in a car wash with my dad.

*I have been lazy - sleeping in, reading books, watching movies and refusing to answer my phone for an entire day. (sorry if you tried to call me)

*I re-organized my garage and swept it out. And weeded the heck out of my vegetable flower beds.

*I went tanning. Theoretically it is to prep for my trip next month and because it is free. In reality, it is because tan fat looks better than white fat and I need to even out the fabulous farmer's tan I am getting. Because I am a pastey white skinned red-head scared to death of skin cancer I only went for 12 mins. which means I don't look like I went tanning at all. I think I got more sun weeding my veggie flower bed making my farmer's tan even darker. Go figure.

*I walked a couple of miles around the Lake with a good friend and treated ourselves to $1.00 smoothies from Jamba Juice - Pomegranate Pick Me Up with a shot of energy booster. After which I came home and scoured my bathroom at 11p.m. That energy booster works!

*I went to book club last night and talked about The Hobbit. We ate Hobbit food - mushroom appetizers, seed cake and punch. Very high marks to Ms. Paula Dean - I ate four of the mushroom appetizers and I HATE mushrooms! They were awesome. Or I was very hungry. But I have never been so hungry that I had to eat mushrooms before.

*I am currently working on catching up on a year's worth of filing (or at least it feels like it), running errands, getting ready to leave for Nauvoo next week, watching Little Dorrit, cleaning out closets, re-doing my budget, going to baseball games and working on some summer school projects.

Sorry no pictures lately. I can't find the usb cord for my camera.

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...