Sunday, February 14, 2010

Parenting Shining Moments

On the way to church, Ry & I had a "discussion" about him NOT taking his cell phone into church. I love going into the chapel feeling like the big, bad mom. It is such a peaceful feeling. I sit down and church begins. Ry is sitting on the front row to help with the sacrament and I am sitting on our traditional second row. The opening song begins and my cell phone goes off! I am not kidding. I never take my phone into church. In the heat of the moment, I completely forgot that I even had mine in my pocket. Of course, I can't get it out of my pocket until it had gone off 4 times. Ryan looks at me with raised eyebrows, shakes his head and slumps into his seat, obviously hoping that the pew will open up and hid him from his embarrassing mother. After church he did say he could understand why I didn't want him to bring his cell phone into church. He might forget to turn it off. So glad that I could provide that object lesson for him.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Reminds me of the time I stored my cell phone in my 'front pocket' and forgot it was there. It went off while I was teaching a Relief Society lesson. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out where that noise was coming from....

Apple Pie said...

Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning! :) Do you have the day off today? How goes WW?

Meghan said...

hee hee haa haa ho ho!! I can just see him looking back and then slumping over.

Sara said...

HA HA HA HA HA! That is hysterically funny!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...