Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Lawn Fairy & the Soon to be Dead Cricket (hopefully)

I think that you could wring out Oklahoma right now. It has rained for days. And my lawn is looooovvvinnngggg it. It is lush and green and grows about 6 inches a day. Tonight it rained more. So much that the streets were flooding a bit. We had scouts so it was after dark when we got home. As I was walking to the house, I said to Ryan, "Did someone mow or did the grass just get beaten down from the rain?" At first we couldn't tell in the dark. After we got all the lights turned on, we realized that the Lawn Fairy visited our house tonight! Both the front jungle and the back Amazon have been tamed and look wonderful with their new do's. Thank you so much Lawn Fairy! You are amazing - especially since I suspect that you were soaked by the time you finished. Thank you!!!!!

I have discovered a few species of insects would rather call my dry living room home than the deluge of the outdoors. I am currently listening to the very noisy, obnoxious, annoying cricket in my living room. As soon as he has the guts to show his face, he is going to be cricketing in heaven.

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...