Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday Tell All


I have been reading blogs on the Tuesday Tell All site for at least 6 months. I have wanted to participate for a long time and finally got my act together tonight. And it is only 11:48 so technically it is still Tuesday. So, the question- Am I competitive? What Olympic event would choose to participate in?

Answer- I am not very competitive. I hate the feeling when I loose but then I feel guilty for not being happy for the winner(s). I love it when I win but then I feel guilty for the losers & how bad they feel. It is a no-win situation so I tend to not be competitive. When I am not playing, I like to root for the under-dogs. I love the Cinderella wins and I always cry happy tears. I do still feel a twinge or two for the losers, but I celebrate the guts & determination & the never-give-up-ness of the underdogs. I love movies like Rudy, Miracle, The Rookie, etc.

What Olympic event would my athletic alter-ego participate in? Gymnastics was my passion growing up & Nadia Comeneci was my hero. My favorite event was the uneven bars - I could watch them forever and I would do twirls around the monkey bars at school pretending that I was in the Olympics. My youthful, never-say-you-can't-do-it spirit would say gymnastics. However, my 5'9" mature reality could definitely get excited in the rowing competition. I love watching everyone in sync and the teamwork it takes. Speaking of in sync, I LOVE to watch synchronized swimming! It amazes me how they can do all of those routines. I love the dance part of it, the teamwork part of it and the athletic part of it.

I am so excited that they Olympics start next week! I love all the athletes' stories as well as the events. I love seeing all the countries come together. I could spend hours watching the diving, swimming, fencing, archery, canoing, biking, triathlon, and team sports. I love watching the final races/competitions. I love the Opening Ceremonies and watching the torch come in. I won't have time to watch most it this time, but just knowing that the world has come together & the games are going on makes the world a better place. Go USA!

4 comments:

Cinderill said...

For me it will always be ice skating and ice dancing. If it was the summer olympics it would be synchronized swimming. I love how fit those girls are! It would be cool to be part of something worldwide like that. I also love the idea of representing your country. There is respect for people who were former olympians. Nice thing to have on your resume!

Anonymous said...

Nadia Comeneci was my hero too. I did a report on her in third grade. I was even part of the gymnastics team in junior high, I competed on the uneven bars. I was terrible, but I had a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Saw this news article and thought of you. How are the preparations for school going?
http://newsok.com/article/3280114/

Meghan said...

ooh I love the gymnastics of course. We really getting into short track speed skating!! So exciting. We were able to attend the Bobsled Finals in Salt Lake City where the US won their first medal in 40 years. I just cleared our Tivo in anticipation for the games.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...