Friday, August 8, 2008

The Straw that Broke the Camel's Back

I started a long post with all the gory details of my nightmare right now and just writing it out was adding to my stress. Yesterday I lost it and yelled at Ryan for a fairly minor thing that was an accident but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. Last night he came and talk to me and said that he thought I needed more sleep to deal with my stress. I took his advice and after a long prayer pleading for help, I went to bed. This morning I am feeling more rested but still very stressed, panicked, overwhelmed and humbled. I basically feel like I can be a mother or I can be a teacher but I can't do both and I am feeling so frustrated that I have no choice.

I woke up before my alarm and feel strongly that I need help. So, I am asking. If any or all of you could do one of the following I would be very grateful.
*Would you please include us in your prayers, specifically that I can get everything done & be ready for my students next Wed.? That I will feel prepared for them? That I can figure out ways to be a mom to Ryan through all this?
*Put our names in at the temple.
*If you live locally I could really use some help with the following things:
Taking Ryan for a day or afternoon
sewing curtains
sewing chair pockets
painting a banner
transporting, painting & installing shower board in my classroom
Making a sign with my name (Ms. Mills)

I am calling today to get a blessing. And a HUGE thank you to the family that mowed my yard. My grass was so high that we did not know a stray cat had given birth to her 4 kittens in the grass! And the kittens have their eyes open & are toddling around. My yard was their jungle. And another HUGE thank you to the man who is spending his Saturday fixing my car.

Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers. I have tried to be strong through this all and I just feel like I can't do it anymore by myself. Your prayers made a huge difference when the news of the divorce first broke and so I am hopping the same will happen again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What size/type of sign do you need? Mike might be able to whip a nice one up for you at work if he has the stuff handy.

I'm not real good at sewing and don't even have my machine set up at the moment, but if you only need straight lines I can attempt to help you out in that department too. Just let me know.

Cinderill said...

I will call you into the Boise Temple. I will also add you to our family prayers - I have to admit we have a good track record as a family. We have been praying for 2 very premature babies to make it since May. Against all odds both babies are doing well and will live long healthy lives :) I credit the faith of my children, they ask with perfect faith, knowing that the lord will help.

I can sew but I live far away. Is there anything I can do but pray??

I learned that there are things that you have to let go of as a single mom. For me it was housekeeping and home cooked meals. My son was introduced to more processed food during that time than ever in his live before or since. You do the best you can, realize that you can't do it all the same way. I also did not read more than the scriptures for a long time. No one will die if the house gets dirty or the clothes never get back into the dresser. I stopped folding my garments. They just stayed in the basket by my dresser.

You might never feel totally ready for the class. It might be like giving a discussion in another language. You don't say it the lord does. He knows what those children need more than you do. Prepare with prayer and fasting and HE will put the words in your mouth at the right time.

I wish I could give you a hug! I love you tons! This will get better. Love Cindy

Sara said...

We are praying for you Julie. I think you will do great at being a Mom AND Teacher. You are awesome! Stick to it...the beginning is always rough. In a few months you will be laughing at yourself.

So what did you & Ryan name your kitten squatters?

Meghan said...

I think it was so sweet for Ryan to think you needed more sleep. Very perceptive.
You are in our prayers always.

Kim Allsup said...

hey I would love to help with your sign! let me know!
I also found this
http://tipjunkie.blogspot.com/2008/08/olympic-activities-for-kids.html
It had some olympic games for kids

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...