Today is my parents 42 wedding anniversary. I love that my dad remembered even though he is remarried. I love that my step-mom feels comfortable with him remembering.
My parents had a true whirlwind love story. They were married 80 days after they met and a few days before he shipped out with the navy. I love their faith and commitment to each other. I love that my mom followed my dad in the navy and supported the decision to leave their dream farm for a better career. I love that my dad supported my mom through years of illness and premature death. To my knowledge, neither ever waivered. I love my parents. I love their marriage. I love their example. I love their testimonies. I love the family they created.
Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Each Life That Touches Ours For Good
Alisa's last selfie December 17, 2019, I received the following text: “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...
-
Tim asked me, "If we got divorced, would you take Ryan & move to Washington to be with your family?" His words seemed like a f...
-
I can do hard things. I went to bed at 2:00a.m., woke up at 6:00, left the house at 6:20, finally found a parking spot at 7:20, spent almo...
-
Our ward (congregation) had to move to another building while ours is being remodeled. We now have church from 2-5 and have to drive 20+ min...
No comments:
Post a Comment