Saturday, August 29, 2009

Book Review

Well, not much of a review because I too passionate or biased or opinionated. I finished reading "Darcy's Story" by Janet Alymer. It retells Pride and Prejudice from Mr. Darcy's perspective. I liked it. I was a super quick read & felt like young adult fiction. It stays true to the original chronology and events and keeps the same dialogue. The descriptions of people and places are sparse as most readers wouldn't need them. Anyway, it was a light, fun read. 

1 comment:

Gardners said...

Hi Julie!

I read a series of three books that do the same thing. They are called "Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman" and are excellent! You might know that I am a literature snob, so I don't give a recommendation that messes with a classic, favorite, perfect-in-itself book lightly! I would be interested to read this one and see how her perspective differs. Don't we all love to speculate about that Darcy? :)

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...