Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Period Films I Adore~

I've always loved the past. I have a picture of a two yr. old me decked out in a yellow pioneer dress complete with a white eyelet pinafore and bonnet. I LOVED that dress. I still remember the day when my mom said we had to give it away, that I was way too big for it. I was nine. (In my defense, I don't think I had worn it for a few years, but I loved it so much I wanted to keep it forever.)

I love these movies. Often when I am home alone, I will put one on just for company in the house. I love the messages of my favorites. So here there are: (if anyone has any to add to the list, please let me know!)

Jane Austin-
Sense and Sensibility (2008)
Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth edition)
Emma (both the Kate Beckinsale and 2010 versions)
Northanger Abbey
Becoming Jane

Elizabeth Gaskill-
Wives and Daughters
North and South (BBC)
Cranford
Return to Cranford

Dickens-
Little Doritt
Our Mutual Friend
Nicholas Nickleby

Charlotte Bronte
Jane Eyre (Toby Stephens - Masterpiece Classic)

Thomas Hardy-
Under the Greenwood Tree

Victor Hugo-
Les Miserables (Liam Neeson)

Others-
Larkrise to Candleford (BBC)
Bright Star
Amazing Grace
The Importance of Being Ernest
Anna and the King
Ever After
Little Woman
Love Comes Softly and Loves Enduring Promise
Sarah Plain and Tall and Skylark
Sommersby
The Man from Snowy River
Seasons of the Heart
Sweet Land

1 comment:

Tara said...

Oooohhh, this is a great list too! Man, you're on fire. I love period pieces!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...