Sunday, June 26, 2011

Motherhood

I have some thoughts I'd like to share about motherhood. I've thought about them for a long time, so hopefully soon, I will find a way to share them on paper (monitor?) in a concise, intelligible manner. In the meantime, I ran across this artist and this talk that she gave at BYU education week. Wow. I love what she says about being a mother and family. I went through the 31 domestic paintings first and then went back through them as I listened to her talk (it is about 20+ mins. long.) and then fell in love with them, or rather the message they share and the thoughts, determinations, appreciation they have inspired. Which one is your favorite and why? (I'll share my favs and why in a couple of days.)
Julie

1 comment:

Cinderill said...

Just had time to go through the art today. I will have to save the talk for another time. I love all the shoes! I can't pick a favorite, ok maybe the one reading the child a story or the bath (in heels no less). I think of all that I do in the course of my day and I think if I could do them all in a skirt and heels. So pretty but not practical. Most of the time I am the mother that is hurrying from one domestic task to another, trying to be get everything done but at the end of the day there is always a full day ahead of me the next day.

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...