Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Few of My Loves...

General Conference is this weekend and I can hardly wait. It isn't so much about the talks, although I love them. (My problem is I have a hard time concentrating, thinking and continuing to listen at the same time. I much prefer to re-read the talks, see the words, highlight and take notes, stop, consider, look things up and come back to the talk and all of those things are nigh to impossible during the live sessions.) But I do love conference. I love the feeling of unity, of kindred spirits, of gathering from all over the world to sit and listen to the Lord's words. I love that I feel a part of something so wonderful, so grand, so holy, all the while sitting in my living room alone. Just watching the lines of saints waiting for their seats makes me tear up. And I love the spring flowers! Flowers are like a soothing touch - a caress. Do the gardeners have any idea how much I appreciate their hours of love and labor?  And I love the music! One of these days I want to experience conference in the tabernacle and conference center just to hear the music, to feel the vibrations,  the energy. I can only imagine how it must sound it person when it sounds that amazing over the internet.

The last week before conference is always hard - I always feel beaten down by the world, overwhelmed by the lists, powerless against those mightier than I. I am hungry for the unity of the saints and the words of the Lord.

I ran across this link to Conference Packets. They are the best I've ever seen and I just wanted to share. 

I also wanted to share a couple of blogs that have touched me deeply. I have others, but these two I really wanted to share tonight.
Resolved 2 Worship - I have really loved glimpses into this family and I love her playlist. I put it on most mornings while we are getting ready for school and Ryan has many of the songs memorized. She has made me think about my relationship with the Lord and with others so many times. I love, love, love the pictures on this site.

Chocolate on My Cranium - I always come away so uplifted and encouraged from Chocolate's messages. So much love, wisdom, and joy are freely shared here. Chocolate has a new blog that I am loving as well called Society Sunday - I love the content and I love the layout & graphics of this site.

I have never met either of these women and yet they have made an impact on me.They have helped me to think, ponder, consider, prioritize, and love more. They have encouraged my heart, strengthened my convictions, and exemplified grace. I love that they both have large families and are both pregnant with wanted babes. I love that they love their children, find joy in being mothers, that they cherish their marriages. I love that they embrace beauty and that they create, and most of all, I love that they love the Lord.

Much Love,
Julie

No comments:

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...