Saturday, May 8, 2010

Choir of Angels

Sunday, May 1
One of Ry's electives this year has been choir. He is still surprised that his teacher thinks that he has a great voice and can sing. Yesterday, they performed in a choir competition and won first place out of a ton (over 100) schools. They won a 4' trophy and received a score of 99. One of the judges said to the kids, "I don't know what the choirs of angels will sound like in heaven, but I think it will sound just like you."

Mrs. Adams has been Ry's choir teacher for the last two years. He had to go to a mandatory audition in 5th grade for honors chorus and was shocked when he made it. This year, we was invited to join the Circle the State choir and has been invited to join Show Choir for next year. Each time, he is surprised that he has made it. Over the last two years, I've slowly watched him lean toward music. He sings much of the time (to his dismay) bits of songs stuck in his head. He sings more in church. He talks to me about pitch, parts, and his breathing. I don't know if he will do Show Choir or not next year. Either way, I am so appreciative of Mrs. Adams for seeing music in him and revealing it to him.

3 comments:

Teebee said...

So I saw this on my google reader after I read your post and thought of Ry-pie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8PAuvxCZuM&annotation_id=annotation_877955&feature=iv

Maybe it will inspire him!

Also I found this for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NKXNThJ610

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sara said...

That is awesome! Congratulations Ryan!

Each Life That Touches Ours For Good

Alisa's last selfie December  17, 2019, I received the following text:   “Friends. I have some devastating news. Our sweet friend Alisa...